About JUDI.AI – Smart Analytics that Grow Customer Relationships
There has never been a better time to redefine small business lending. JUDI.AI is at the forefront of the SMB lending space, providing a software platform that makes it easy for credit unions and community banks to digitally transform lending processes, become smarter lenders and build deeper relationships with their small business customers. At JUDI.AI, we:
- Find ways to supplement traditional credit data sources to make better informed credit decisions.
- Apply AI and machine learning to risk detection logic, enabling loan providers to lend more with less risk.
- Continuously assess the financial health of small business loan recipients to provide valuable post-lending advice and business growth insights - when they are needed the most.
The result is small business lending redefined as fast, less risky and more profitable for everyone.
JUDI.AI pledges 1% of our equity, revenue, time and product to not-for-profits of our customers' choice.
About Our Team – Unique Thinkers. Game Changing Attitudes.
JUDI.AI is home to entrepreneurs, rainmakers and data wizards – a family of financial analysts, software developers, data scientists, marketers and salespeople. We are also home to a collaborative group of musicians, skiers, acrobats, runners, kite boarders, sailors and yogis. We are a small company of about 15 employees in downtown Vancouver (Coal Harbour).
Our management team comes from a range of high growth and blue-chip technology companies like Nokia, PayPal, VisionCritical, BlastRadius and Diply. JUDI.AI has recently employed a new CEO (Gord Baizley) who is a veteran of high growth technology startups, and a new Chief Credit Scientist (Dr. Russel Anderson), who brings over 30 years' experience developing machine learning solutions for Retail, eCommerce and Financial Services.
About the Role – A Key Piece of our Puzzle
As the Senior Product Manager for Data & Analytics at JUDI.AI, you will be responsible for the ”Aggregation of Small Business Insights”. To begin with, you will own the roadmap and backlog for our proprietary Categorization Engine and the insights gleaned from cashflow data. The next phase will involve identifying which additional data sources to add and how to leverage this intelligence for new insights and functionality in the JUDI.AI platform. You will be the subject matter expert of all things data and analytics, both internally and externally.
- Identify and manage new features and releases through the full product lifecycle in the area of Data & Analytics
- Deliver high quality product releases on a high frequency and iterative basis
- Work with the VP of Product to continuously update our processes, the product vision and the overall product roadmap
- Work with Data Engineering, Data Science team and UX Design to understand the capabilities of our data and how to best utilize it for Insights, and how to best expose the Insights for end users, be it through our own web applications or via APIs
- Work with Customer Success team and directly with clients to identify opportunities and improvements and define new features from initial concept to requirements to delivery
- Evaluate vendors, both from Product offering and Technical feasibility perspective
- Create and execute on integration plans with Vendors - you will be the main point of contact with Vendors in case of any issues or future enhancements with the integration.
- Understand the competitive landscape and how impacts your area of the product
- Create internal and external materials that support communication of new features and initiatives, both to technical and non-technical audiences
- Build, groom and maintain sprint backlogs in JIRA to ensure we're always ahead of the game
- Work closely with technical leads to define and communicate a tactical project plan that delivers the most value as early and as frequently as possible
- Identify product and technical issues and recommend and track solutions
- Know the JUDI.AI product inside and out
About You – A Resilient Company Builder
You love to walk the whole path from solution ideation to hypothesis testing to prototyping to production to long term maintenance, and you can make the path to production shorter. You enjoy and can envision the rewards from early stage companies and outsized challenges – you see opportunity early and are relentless in the face of obstacles. Specifically, you:
- Have demonstrated business acumen and a proven track record of achieving commercial value through product development
- Are entrepreneurial, agile and nimble – a “get your hands dirty” team player
- Are (most importantly) persistent and are willing to persevere through the inevitable challenges involved in company building
- Minimum of 5 years product management or product development experience in a web application environment
- Previous experience working as Product Manager with products involving AI, ML and/or Data Analytics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Hands on experience: creating and leading tech products; conducting research; writing user stories and requirements docs; creating flow charts and wireframes; creating presentations for varying audience, including executives and clients; defining roadmaps; creating release plans
- Ok with getting your hands “dirty” and digging into the details, be it to define a new feature or figure out the business impact of a bug
- Comfortable with uncertainty and experience navigating unchartered water or starting a new initiative
- Experience working in an Agile environment with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience managing changing requirements of a product and can prioritize bugs, technical debt and new features within a Backlog
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in a similar or related product area:
- Financial Services or Fintech
- Accounting or Financial Analysis
- Previous experience working in a start-up
- Previous experience or background in Product Design/UX design
- Project management and business analysis experience
- BS/BA in Engineering or similar field is a plus